Struggling with your sleep this winter and not sure what’s to blame? Sacrificing cozy slumber for a lower electric bill? Need tips for a cozier night without breaking the bank?
You may know that keeping your room cool is a good trick for restful sleep and helps save money on your electric bill! But taking a good thing too far can leave you uncomfortable, and make it difficult to fall or stay asleep. If you’ve gotten used to the savings, but are missing your restful sleep, check out our tips for better, cozier sleep this winter.
• Sleep with socks: the temperature of your feet can be tough for your body to regulate and cold feet won’t help anyone get to sleep.
• Hot water bottle: this is definitely an old-fashioned hack, but it works! Fill a hot-water bottle and place it at the foot of the bed, under the covers. You’ll be warmer without having to touch the thermostat.
• Use insulated drapes: with insulated drapes, keep the heat in the house instead of letting it go out the window. If you put them up in your room, you’ll notice a difference in temperature right away.
• Clean ducts: a good duct cleaning will help your furnace run more efficiently. More comfortable temperatures, lower bill, and better air quality are some of the benefits you can look forward to!
• Furnace inspection: if your furnace is older that 12-15 years and seems to be giving you a little trouble, an inspection could help spot and deal with a problem, and maybe even extend the life of your appliance!
These tips should help you feel cozy and sleep well at night without seeing a sky-high price reflected in your electric bill. If you have more questions about saving money or servicing the furnace in your Ann Arbor home this winter, give us a call today.