What do you really know about carbon monoxide? Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home?
It may not be something you frequently hear about, but according to the Center for Disease Control, carbon monoxide poisoning sends about 15,000 people to the hospital each year. And the effects are serious, possibly leading to long term brain damage or worse.
So how do you protect yourself and your family from carbon monoxide?
Because it’s a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas, your best bet is to use a carbon monoxide detector in your home. Place the detectors near bedrooms and on every floor of the house.
What is the source of carbon monoxide?
The gas is emitted by unburned fuel and could come from many places in your home like the fireplace, clothes dryer, water-heater, oven, range, or a running car. Because possible sources of carbon monoxide are common appliances found in most homes, it is truly important to have a detector for your safety and your family’s.
What else can you do about carbon monoxide?
To complement your new detectors, consider calling an expert for yearly maintenance checks on the appliances which pose a risk of carbon monoxide emission. For an examination of the units heating your Ann Arbor home, like your furnace and water heater, contact us today and keep your family safe.