Wondering if the air in your home is top quality? Hoping to reduce your exposure to allergens and other air-borne irritants?
Even if you don’t seem to be overly sensitive to dust, pollen, mold and other fun, air-borne particles, it is still important that the air you’re breathing a home is clean.
From the experts in heating Ann Arbor homes, here are some of the top tips for improving indoor air quality.
- Keep your home dry by controlling humidity levels, fixing leaks, addressing water damage, and not overwatering house plants.
- Open doors and windows when the conditions outside are comfortable.
- Check your air filters to make sure they fit well and are changed regularly.
- Vent your appliances to the outdoors, away from windows and HVAC intakes.
- If you have an attached garage, don’t leave cars, lawnmowers, or other equipment to idle in the space.
- Use a vacuum with a high efficiency air particulate (HEPA) vacuum.
- Pay attention to the chemical you use to clean and freshen your home and chose products that are less likely to cause irritation.
Still have questions about the air quality in your home? Give us a call! Not only are we your go-to source for heating your Ann Arbor home, we can assist you with many of your needs related to the major appliances in your home. We are available 24/7, so get in touch today!