Are you worried about copper theft affecting your home and property? Wondering if there’s more you can do to prevent theft and protect air conditioning for your Ann Arbor home? Curious about the costs and benefits of air conditioner cages?
When you think about the targets for theft and vandalism, your air conditioning unit probably isn’t the first thing to come to mind. But with its copper wiring and vulnerable location on the outside of your house, the appliance can look like a quick payday for a criminal scoping out your neighborhood.
At a metal scrapping facility, almost anything copper translates into fast cash, which makes AC theft a worthwhile risk for the thief. That’s where the extra strength security of air conditioner cages comes in!
Air Conditioner Cages: Basics and Benefits
- Protect your AC from vandalism and your home from being a target for criminals.
- The tough metal cages are typically secured to the concrete pad below your air conditioning unit, but many options are available.
- Cages aren’t cheap, but they’re only a fraction of the cost of replacing your air conditioner with a new unit.
- If you choose a security option with a lock and key, make sure you keep the key in an accessible, easy-to-remember location to make maintenance quick and simple.
- Increase your security with motion activated lights, yard fencing and foliage around your AC unit.
Trust CMR Mechanical for Your Air Conditioning Needs in Ann Arbor
Not only do you want your appliances to be safe from vandals to save you money, but you also want to reduce the chance your house will ever become a target for crime. Protecting your property with products like an air conditioning cage sends a clear message to would-be vandals!
If you want to know more about what you can do to protect and extend the life of your air conditioning in your Ann Arbor home, give CMR Mechanical a call today. With our experience and your satisfaction guaranteed, you can trust us to deliver quality service every time.