Friday, January 17, 2020

No Heat? Before You Panic - Check Your Thermostat!


Are you putting off the chore of replacing the batteries on your thermostat?

Do you even know if your batteries need to be replaced?

We all have those chores that we swear we’ll get to one of these days.

Don’t let changing your batteries be one of them! Most models of programmable thermostats will display or flash some type of low battery symbol when the batteries are on their last legs.

This warning usually starts 1-2 months before the batteries are completely dead, but if you put it off, you could end up with no heat!

Don’t take it from us – take it from one of our customers who had this exact issue!

"When I have a concern about my ancient furnace or AC, CMR finds a way to get to my house fast and solve the problem. This time, though, when my wife told me that our heat wasn't coming on, I asked her a few questions. She mentioned that the readout on our thermostat wasn't showing. That tipped me off that the batteries in the thermostat might be bad. Sure enough, we replaced the batteries and the readout appeared. Moments later, the furnace kicked on. Problem solved!" – Nick S., Ann Arbor

No comments:

Post a Comment